Site: Windsor - McDougall Ave
Service: Community Housing Corporation Windsor-Essex
|Record #: WIN1476||Last Modified: 12 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 12 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||Administration: 519-254-1681
Customer Service Messaging Line: ext 3030
|After Hours Phone||519-973-4469 * After hours maintenance emergencies only|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Local Housing Corporation
* operates three distinct housing programs, plus market rent opportunities
* provides affordable rental housing for low-income seniors, non-profit housing for families, singles and persons with disabilities, rent geared-to-income housing for persons throughout the region
* applications accepted at the Central Housing Registry
District 1 - Located at 415 University Avenue, Windsor, Ontario
District 2 -Located at 605 Mill Street, Windsor, Ontario
District 3 - Located at 2455 Rivard Avenue, Windsor, Ontario
District 4 - Located at 15 C Talbot Street, North - Essex Ontario
District 5 - 140 Bridge, Windsor, Ontario
District 6 - Located at 438 Niagara Street, Windsor, Ontario
AODA SERVICE DISRUPTION NOTICES
We are committed to providing timely notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in Community Housing Corporation (CHC) facilities or services that may be used by persons with disabilities.
* These may include elevator or lift outages, areas designated for repairs or servicing, pathways, and assistive devices.
* This notice will be posted both at the physical site, and on our website, (AODA Service Disruptions below) and will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Service Disruption Notices for CHC residences, Click Here
Community Housing Corporation Windsor-Essex Complaint Process Click Here for Details
About Customer Service
* Use our online form for customer service, complaints and compliments, or call our customer service message line at 519-254-1681 x 3030.
* Maintenance Reporting to report general maintenance repairs directly to your District Office or, use our convenient, trackable maintenance request form found in our e-services tab at www.wechc.com. You will receive an auto generated tracking number and your request will be sent by email to the District Office.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up
* Adults 16 yrs and older with or without children
* Seniors 50 yrs and older
* Must be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants or conventional refugees
|Application||* Application process required for subsidized housing opportunities to determine eligibility. RGI (Rent-geared-to-income) applications are available at the CHC main office and Essex Office and the Central Housing Registry- Windsor Essex County ( 2470 Dougall Avenue, Windsor,ON)
* market rent housing for families and seniors also requires application process. Rental applications are available at District 6 ( 438 Niagara Street for families) and District 5 ( 140 Bridge Avenue for seniors). Both rental applications are available at our main office (945 McDougall Street)
|Languages||English ; French|
|Description (Agency)||Windsor Essex CHC provides well-maintained, safe and affordable community housing in a respectful and fair manner.
We are leaders in the housing sector and contribute to the development and support of strong communities in the City of Windsor and County of Essex.
|Primary Executive||Jim Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Windsor Essex CHC; Phone: (Business) 519-254-1681 ext 3030|
|Alternate Executive||Kari Schofield, Public Affairs Manager, Windsor Essex CHC; Phone: (Business) 519-254-1681 ext 3235|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial ; Federal ; Foundation|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
945 McDougall Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 1L9
View Google Map
|Intersection||McDougall St and Erie St E|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 1330
Windsor, ON N9A 6R3
|Bus Routes||Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking and Entrance|
|Print Material||Resident Handbook, CHC Annual Reports, CHC Reference and Property Information Guide
CHC website regularly updated : www.wechc.com
www.windsor5.com - website dedicated to our energy retrofit project for 5 war time homes.
CHR applications for subsidized housing are available for pick up in the main lobby