Site: Windsor - City Hall Sq E
Service: Investment in Affordable Housing Program for Ontario Extension - 2018 Homeownership Downpayment Assistance
|Record #: WIN1645||Last Modified: 24 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 24 Aug 2018|
|Primary Contact||Robin Ridley, Lead Program Development Officer; Phone: ext 5470; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Donna D'Amore, Program Development Officer; Phone: ext 5349; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Program closed, funds depleted
10 % Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program
* The Federal and Provincial governments partnered to fund a Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program.
* It is estimated the program can provide assistance for a limited number of households.
* Downpayment assistance of 10% of the purchase price of an eligible home, up to a maximum of $21,200 is provided by a 20-year forgivable loan registered on title as a second mortgage
* Completed applications will be generally processed on a first come, first serve basis having regard to a fair distribution of the program funds across Windsor and Essex County.
* The program expires when program funds are depleted or Nov 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.
* An accepted Agreement of Purchase and Sale must be executed on or after Jun 18, 2018. Closing date must be on or before Mar 29, 2019
Applicants are not approved for any program funds solely on the basis of submitting an application.
* All applicants are cautioned not to rely on program funds to purchase a home unless and until they receive a Letter of Confirmation confirming the application has been approved for program funds.
Applications cannot be picked up at City Hall or at 400 City Hall Square East.
Program closed, funds depleted
2018 Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program
* Due to the number of requests for applications received for this Program and the availability of Program funds, we regret that no new application packages for the 2018 Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program are available at this time.
* Important - For those currently in receipt of an application package:
If you are currently in receipt of a 2018 Homeownership application package, and you wish to submit a completed application with all required information, documentation and verification attachments your application will be placed on a wait list, and will be assessed for eligibility if and when funds become available.
* Applicants on the wait list are ranked on a first come, first serve basis according to the date received. In the event that one or more of the current approved applicants do not complete the requirements of the Program and provided funds are available and/or the Program has not expired, the next applicant on the wait list will be assessed for eligibility under the Program and advised accordingly.
* Applicants on the wait list that have not been contacted by November 30, 2018 will not be provided with any funds under the program
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * excluding Holidays|
|Dates||Jun 18-Nov 30, 2018 (Unless funds are depleted before this date)|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Boundaries||Windsor and Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* Applicants are 18 years of age or older and are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
* Applicants have a maximum foreign and Canadian annual gross household income as defined, at or below $81,500
* Applicants have a maximum foreign and Canadian household asset limit as defined, at or below $20,000. Assets do not include main form of transportation (e.g. car/van), furnishings, RRSP, RDSP and RESP
* Applicants/spouse as defined, do not currently own a home or have any form of interest in ownership of a home, but do not have to be first time home buyers
* Applicants seeking funds to offset construction costs on land they own are not eligible
* Applicants must be a renter household purchasing a home to be their sole and principal residence for the duration of the 20 year Loan Agreement
* Applicants qualify for a mortgage
* Purchase price of the home cannot be more than $212,000
* Agreement of Purchase and Sale must be executed on or after Jun 18, 2018
* Eligible homes can be new or resale and may be detached, semi-detached, town (condo and freehold), row houses, apartments, stacked homes and duplexes
* The home can be located anywhere in Amherstburg, Essex, Kingsville, Lakeshore, LaSalle, Leamington, Pelee Island, Tecumseh and Windsor
* Life lease arrangements are not eligible
* Resale homes require a home inspection at the purchaser’s expense
* New construction home must be subject to the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act
* Home inspections are strongly recommended for newly constructed homes. Cost of the inspection at the purchaser’s expense
* The applicant(s) accepts all responsibility for and liability arising from the home inspection
* Subject to all other program timelines, transactions closing after March 29, 2019 are not eligible
* Applicants must adhere to all program criteria and timelines throughout the process.
|Application||The Program expires when funds are depleted or November 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.
* Funds have been depleted, program closed
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Sonia Bajaj, Administration & Development Coordinator; Phone: ext 6277; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Jolayne Susko, Adminstration & Policy Coordinator; Phone: ext 6278; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||City / Town ; Provincial ; Federal|
|Site Location||Windsor and Essex County Residents (if meet eligibility requirements)|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Community Development and Health Services Department Business Office, Attn: Housing Services Program
400 City Hall Square E, 3rd Flr, Suite 301
Windsor, ON N9A 6L7
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Entrance and Elevator|