Site: Windsor - Langlois Ave
Service: Transitional Housing and Life Skills for Self Identifying males who are Homeless or at risk of Homelessness
|Record #: WIN1711||Last Modified: 24 Mar 2020||Last Full Update: 12 Nov 2019|
|After Hours Phone||Same as Office Phone|
|Crisis Phone||Same as Office Phone|
|Primary Contact||Greg Goulin, Executive Director, Windsor Residence for Young Men; Phone: (Business) 226-221-8464 * (Business) 519-981-9917; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Jason Weinberg, Program Director, WRYM; Phone: (Business) 226-221-8464; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Greg Goulin, Executive Director; Phone: (Business) 519-981-9917; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||COVID19 Important Information:
We are "sheltering in place" at WRYM having curtailed our off-site activities. Our core in-house programs are still operational; and, we are still accepting applications for admission.
* WRYM's target group is male youth, who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless and are in school or desire to return to school to complete their education, actively seeking employment or under employed.
* WRYM is a 12 bed, safe, supervised transitional housing residence and also offers a recreation room, computer room, classroom, counselling rooms, full-time supervision with meals and basic needs provided.
* Residents will learn basic life skills, be referred to other agencies to meet individual needs, and will be encouraged to return to family, if possible.
* LGBTQ2 friendly and Gay Straight Alliant
* Great need of underwear, pyjama bottoms, flip flops, non-skid slippers , and bus tickets
* Will also accept donations of canned goods, fresh fruit, vegetables, bread and dairy
* Monetary Donations truly appreciated
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 24 year(s)
Young males between the ages 16-24 years who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless
|Application||Application Process Required|
|Fees||Service - fees for some services|
|Description (Agency)||The Windsor Residence for Young Men is a registered charity.|
|Primary Executive||Greg Goulin, Executive Director, Windsor Residence for Young Men; Phone: (Business) 226-221-8464 * (Business) 519-981-9917; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Donations ; Donations payable to Windsor Residence for Young Men
c/o Greg Goulin
500 Windsor Ave., main floor, Windsor, ON, N9A 6Y5
On our website through Canada Helps.
|Site Location||Southwest corner of Langlois Ave and Shepard St E|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1505 Langlois Ave
Windsor, ON N8X 4M3
|Intersection||Langlois Ave and Shepard St E|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Ottawa 4 ; Parent 14|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|