Site: Windsor - City Hall Sq E
Service: Housing Support Services - Housing Expense Assistance
|Record #: WIN1719||Last Modified: 10 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 10 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||General Inquiries:519-255-5200 ext 5294|
|Primary Contact||Cathy Milne, Supervisor, Housing Support; Phone: ext 5298|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Rent Related Assistance through the Housing Stability Plan (HSP) is available to low income tenants who, due to emergency or unforeseen circumstances, are in short-term arrears and facing eviction.
* The intent of the program is to help tenants sustain their accommodation and avoid eviction.
* If a tenant’s application is approved, the outstanding rent is paid directly to the landlord on behalf of the tenant.
* Program Funding for each approved applicant shall not exceed two times the average market rent for the recipient's Service System Manager's area as set by the Ministry from time to time.
* Assistance may only be issued once every two years.
* To find out more about Rent and Utility Related Assistance visit the website
To find a Service Manager in Your area: Click Here
For more information about the Ontario Rent Bank Network: Click Here
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; City of Windsor and Essex County; dependent on program delivered|
|Eligibility||* Resident of Windsor/Essex County
* In receipt of Ontario Works (OW) or Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), or meet low income criteria set by the Ministry
* Have not received HSP assistance in the past 2 years
* Have housing costs that are affordable and sustainable
* Are in rental arrears which do not exceed two (2) months
* Are in immediate danger of losing their home due to unpaid rent (eviction)
* Have resided at the address for a minimum of one (1) year; and
* Have a documented need to relocate (e.g. victim of violence, uninhabitable premises, recently discharged from an institution, health related).
|Application||* Application for the Rent Related Assistance through the Housing Stability Plan (Call for details)|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Debbie Cercone, Executive Director, Housing & Children's Services; Phone: ext 6239; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Jennifer Tanner, Manager, Housing Support Services; Phone: ext 5250; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Provincial - * The Housing Stability Plan Program is funded by the Province of Ontario|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
400 City Hall Square E, Suite 301, 3rd Flr
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
|Intersection||McDougall Ave and University Ave E|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 428
Windsor, ON N9A 6L7
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Walkerville 8 ; Parent 14|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|