Site: Windsor - Goyeau St
Service: Vulnerable Persons Registry
|Record #: WIN1916||Last Modified: 20 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 20 Aug 2019|
|Office Phone||Windsor Police: 519-255-6700 ext 4151
Autism Services Inc, Windsor & Essex County: 519-966-7283
Alzheimer Society of Windsor-Essex County: 519-974-2220
Telephone Reporting - Language Line: * 255-6700 Ext. ext 4151
|Text Phone||T9-1-1 (please see description about this service)|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Autism Registry is a Windsor Police Service project in partnership with the Autism Services Inc, that promotes communication and gives police quick access to critical information about a registered person with autism.
The Autism Registry:
* can provide police with emergency contact information
* detailed physical descriptions
* known routines
* favourite attractions
* or special needs of the individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
* This information can assist officers in communicating with, attending a residence of or dealing with an emergency involving an individual with ASD.
The Vulnerable Persons Registry is a Windsor Police Service project in partnership with the Alzheimer Society of Windsor-Essex County
Vulnerable Persons Registry
* promotes communication and gives police quick access to critical information about a registered vulnerable person where the person wanders from their place of safety.
* The Vulnerable Persons Registry can provide police with emergency contact information, detailed physical descriptions, known routines, favourite attractions or special needs of the wandering individual.
* This information can assist officers in communicating with, attending a residence of, or dealing with an emergency involving an individual who has wandered.
Texting 9-1-1: For individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment
* More information can be found at: textwith911.ca
|Hours||24 Hour service
Telephone Reporting - Language Line:Mon-Sun, 7 am-11 pm
|Areas Served||Amherstburg ; Windsor ; County Residents are to contact "Project Lifesaver", Click the link below|
|Boundaries||Windsor City Limits only
County Residents can contact Windsor Essex Project Lifesaver
* Program differs from Windsor's Autism/Alzheimer's Registry Programs , so call the agency for further details or click on the Windsor Essex Project Lifesaver link.
|Eligibility||Definition of a “Vulnerable Person”
* Any person with a form of dementia;
* Any person having mental acuity deficiencies wherein the person cannot appreciate their surroundings and recognize the inherent dangers of environmental circumstances they find themselves in;
* Any elderly person who is not medically diagnosed with a form of dementia, but by virtue of a mental infirmity causes him/her to wander and is a safety danger to themselves or others
|Application||Autism/Vulnerable Persons Registry:
* You can register via the websites
* or call for details on how to register
* Anyone living in Windsor may register at www.police.windsor.on.ca, Click Here for details
* or you can access the registry through the Autism service’s website www.autismservicesinc.com, Click Here for details
* or by calling Autism Services Inc, Windsor & Essex County: 519-966-7283.
* or you can access the registry through the Alzheimer Society of Windsor-Essex County's website www.alzheimer.ca, Click Here for details
* or by calling the Alzheimer Society of Windsor-Essex County: 519-974-2220
Telephone Reporting - Language Line:
* an alternative to reporting on-line through our WPS website
* this method will enable the caregiver, who may not have access to a computer or whose native language is other than English, to register a Vulnerable Person in a manner that accommodates ALL languages.
* the caregiver wishing to register an individual by way of this method need only call 519-255-6700 Ext. ext 4151, 7 am-11 pm, 7 days/week, where a civilian with the Windsor Police will activate the “Language Line” protocol to assist in the completion of the Vulnerable Persons Registry form.
Please note this extension does not record voice mail. If you recieve no answer please call back.
Windsor-Essex Project Lifesaver is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting and responding to the challenge to caregivers of finding wandering or bolting loved ones who may suffer from Alzheimer's Disease, Autism or any other special needs requirements
County Residents can contact Windsor Essex Project Lifesaver, Click Here for Contact Information
www.windsor-essexprojectlifesaver.com, Check out the Website for more Details
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - 7 am-11 pm, 7 days/week|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
150 Goyeau St
Windsor, ON N9A 6J5
|Intersection||Goyeau St and Chatham St|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 60
Windsor, ON N9A 6J5
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|