Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Oral Health & Healthy Smiles Ontario
|Record #: WIN2001||Last Modified: 26 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 26 Sep 2018|
|Office Phone||Dental Health Team Windsor: 519-258-2146 ext 1199
Dental Health Team Leamington Satellite Office: 519-326-5716
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822|
|Primary Contact||Kim Casier, Oral Health Manager, Windsor Essex County Health Unit; Phone: ext 1135|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Administers dental coverage programs for qualifying children and youth
* Offers no-cost direct dental treatment services to program clients
* Offers low-cost dental cleanings to qualifying children
* Provides oral screenings and education to schools and community partners
Baby Oral Health Program (BOHP)
The BOHP provides free screening for all infants and children, in Windsor-Essex County.
A screening by a public health dental hygienist includes:
* Check for cavities.
* Chat about a healthy mouth and teeth.
* Fluoride treatment at no cost, if needed.
* To book a free screening for your infant or toddler, or to find out if you qualify for Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) call our Dental Health Team.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) Program
* Eligible children and youth can receive no-cost dental treatment at the Health Unit or from a community dentist participating in the program
* Healthy Smiles Ontario covers regular checkups, preventive care and treatment
For a comprehensive list of Dental Programs available through the Health Unit Click Here
|Hours||Dental Screenings: Windsor and Leamington: Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm (closed 12 noon-1 pm)|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 17 year(s) and under
Children 17 and under may be eligible if :
* They are residents of Ontario and;
* They are members of a household that meets the income eligibility requirements
* Baby Oral Health Program: Infants and Children up to 4 yrs of age
* Click Here for further information on Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO)
|Application||* Dental screening at the Health Unit or school is required to determine eligibility
* Referrals accepted from social service agencies, schools, self-referral
How to apply for the Health Smiles Ontario Program
* Call the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
* Visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
* Call the ServiceOntario INFOline toll-free at 1-844-296-6306 or ServiceOntario TTY toll-free: 1-800-387-5559.
|Languages||English ; Arabic ; Interpretive Services - Limited translation upon request|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, CEO|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|