Site: Windsor - John Atkinson Memorial Community Centre - Alice St
Service: John Atkinson Memorial Community Centre
|Record #: WIN2166||Last Modified: 03 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 01 Sep 2017|
|Office Phone||Enquiries 3-1-1 * Office 519-945-2452|
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-253-2300|
|Primary Contact||Heather Ouimet, Supervisor of Community Programming; Phone: (Business) 519-253-5592|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||City-owned neighbourhood recreation centre
* recreational programs
* This centre now features an NBA-size gym with wooden floor available for community rentals, plus the original smaller gym.
* The Atkinson Memorial Centre is located within AKO Park, featuring the AKO spray pad, which is open to the public free-of-charge during the summer.
* There are sports fields and a play unit in the park.
Gymnasium: Capacity: 20-150 people (depends on event and floor layout)
* The Gymnasium is available for birthday parties, meetings, and social gatherings.
* A stage is connected to the Gym, and the kitchen is adjacent with a pass-through window.
* The Gym is suitable for large parties and leisure sports (it is not regulation size for basketball, floor hockey, or volleyball).
* Self-catering welcome
* Lighted free parking
Rec Express Cards:
The easy-to-use, reloadable smart cards make gift giving easy. Load the card with any dollar amount and let the receiver choose from the hundreds of programs offered by Parks and Recreation: swimming, sports, arts and culture, birthday parties, room rentals, skating, etc.
The cards never expire and are easily available at all community centres, pools and arenas.
Rec Express Card
* A place people can go to cool off during times of extremely high temperatures
|Hours||Vary by season * Contact 311 for details.|
|Eligibility||* Residents of municipality
* Accommodates persons with disabilities
|Application||* Registration process required for all programs|
|Fees||Program - fees apply, additional charge for non-residents ; Fee assistance available for Families that qualify (call or visit the website for details) ; assistance is provided by Pathway to Potential.|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
4270 Alice St
Windsor, ON N8Y 2B8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Bernard Rd and Alice St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|