Site: Windsor - Crawford Ave
Service: Public Works - Snow Removal
|Record #: WIN2195||Last Modified: 12 Nov 2019||Last Full Update: 12 Nov 2019|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Snow Removal:
* Main routes are salted and/or ploughed once snow begins to fall and accumulate.
* There are currently 21 main salt/plough routes consisting of roads classified as Expressway, Arterial, and Collector as defined by the City of Windsor Official Plan.
* These routes also include fire/hospital emergency routes and Transit Windsor bus routes.
* If accumulation exceeds 5 centimetres (2 inches) during a snowfall, salting may cease temporarily and ploughing be utilized as appropriate for the conditions.
* Also, if the temperature is below -12°C (10°F) during a snowfall, salt begins to lose its effectiveness, and depending upon the snow accumulation, salting may cease temporarily and ploughing be utilized as appropriate for the conditions.
* Streets are salted and/or ploughed in the vicinity of schools during the normal workday once main routes have been cleared.
* Intersections are salted and/or ploughed when conditions warrant
* Residential streets are ploughed when accumulation exceeds 10 centimetres (4 inches), once main routes have been cleared.
* In order to allow for a more efficient residential snow plough operation and to avoid cars from being ploughed in, the City recommends that residents remove their parked cars from roadways until they are cleared.
* Snow is to be cleared by abutting property owners as per City by-law.
* If accumulation exceeded 15 centimetres (6 inches) and all roadways have been cleared, bus stops identified by Transit Windsor as a priority will be cleared.
Salt and Plow Tracking Added to Open Data Page
Residents will be able to see what roads have had salt trucks or plows pass over them by accessing the City’s Open Data page
Click Here for Details
|Hours||3-1-1: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm
Snow removal services: Mon-Sun, 24 Hrs
|Dates||New for 2017-2018|
|Eligibility||Resident/business of City of Windsor|
|Application||Registration required for requested services|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1531 Crawford Ave
Windsor, ON N8X 2A9
|Intersection||Crawford Ave and Tecumseh Rd W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|