Site: Windsor - McDougall Ave
Service: In Motion and Special Populations Services
|Office Phone||General inquiries: 3-1-1 |
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-253-2300|
|Primary Contact||Phone: ext 2717|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description||Services focus on Community Development |
• Windsor is an ‘in Motion’ community because we value physical activity.
* In motion is a comprehensive, communitywide health promotion strategy that encourages everyone to make physical activity a part of their daily lives
* facilitation of integrated services for people with disabilities
* acts as first point of contact for older adult and special populations groups
* In Motion also promotes the essential value and scope of leisure services and the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle in our community through involvement in projects sponsored by;
* the Ministry of Health Promotion
* Parks and Recreation Ontario
* International Council on Action Aging, etc
Projects such as the current project “In Motion” (which liaises with community organizations before, during and after program participation and referral to other, more appropriate opportunities if necessary).
Click Here for Windosr-Essex Communities "In Motion" Website for more details
Rec Express Cards:
The easy-to-use, reloadable smart cards make gift giving easy. Load the card with any dollar amount and let the receiver choose from the hundreds of programs offered by Parks and Recreation: swimming, sports, arts and culture, birthday parties, room rentals, skating, etc.
The cards never expire and are easily available at all community centres, pools and arenas.
Rec Express Card
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Eligibility||Residents of municipality|
|Application||Registration required * Self referrals accepted|
|Fees||Service - Additional charge for non-residents ; Jumpstart funding is also available for qualifying programs. (all discounts subject to eligibility requirements) * Fee assistance available for discounts to families in receipt of NCBS, ODSP, and Seniors.|
|Funding||Grants ; Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map|
2450 McDougall St
Windsor, ON N8X 3N6
View Google Map
|Intersection||McDougall St and Tecumseh Rd E|
|Mailing Address||c/o Special Populations Coordinator|