|Record #: WIN2294||Last Modified: 06 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 06 Jul 2018|
|Primary Contact||Joanna Conrad, Executive Director, Essex County Diversion Program Inc.; Phone: ext 225; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* The Essex County Diversion Program is proud to offer a full range of programs necessary to promote the best outcomes possible for our community’s youth.
* The primary focus of our programs is for youth to develop self-respect, responsibility, and appropriate problem solving skills while empowering young men and women to create, maintain, and improve their upon their decision-making in a positive way.
Ten programs offered, each dealing with various subject matters, all pertinent to the issues youth face today. Subject matters covered include;
* social skills in Rebound Life Choices
* mediation in Youth Justice Committees,
* “sexting” and inappropriate online behaviours in #keepyourprivatesprivate
* stealing in L.O.S.S.
* bullying in Beyond Bullying;
* substance abuse in Teen Intervene; and
* excessive gaming in Time to L.A.G.
Please note that youth ages 10-12 are only applicable for referral to #keepyourprivatesprivateJR. All other programs are open to youth ages 12-17.
* All programming consists of an assessment, case plan, family support and supervision for a designated period of time for youth.
* Participants must attend all sessions in full, actively participate, complete assignments as well as complete a pre and post-test prior to successfully finishing programming.
* If a Police/Court Referred participant fails to attend and participate as scheduled, the participant’s file will be returned to Police Services/Courts for further enforcement.
* The programs will give youth the tools they need to say no to peer pressure, stand up to bullying, gain higher self-worth and make better life choices.
* For more information, please visit our website and/or call our office.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 10 year(s) - 17 year(s)
* Youth, ages 10-17 are eligible to receive service.
* Please note that youth ages 10 - 12 are only applicable for referral to #keepyourprivatesprivateJR.
* All other programs are open to youth ages 12-17.
* Youth in conflict with the law are referred from Police and or the Crown Attorney Office.
* Young offenders must be prepared to be held accountable for their actions, be willing to participate in the program and be aware of their options and rights.
* Offenders who do not agree with, or comply with the measures/sanctions, are returned to the police/formal court system.
* The Essex County Diversion Program also accepts community referrals from the youth themselves, parents, schools and community partners.
* Teens who are engaging in risky behavior can receive education and support to make positive life choices and gain a stronger awareness of the consequences to their actions before it becomes a problem.
|Application||* Referral process required
* Registration required
|Primary Executive||Joanna Conrad, Executive Director; Phone: ext 225; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1821 Provincial Rd
Windsor, ON N8W 5V7
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Provincial Rd and Walker Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance ; Not Applicable|
|Print Material||Pamphlets, brochures, website|