Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Stay Cool Windsor Essex Program - Heat Warning and Information System
|Record #: WIN2328||Last Modified: 25 Jun 2019||Last Full Update: 25 Jun 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822|
|Primary Contact||Phil Wong, Manager, Environmental Health, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit; Phone: ext 3159; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Phone: ext 3159|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* WECHU reports on extreme heat days in our community.
* Designed to help residents protect themselves when it is too hot outside.
* The Stay Cool Windsor-Essex website provides directions on what to do to prepare for extreme heat events in order to reduce the risk of heat related harms
* The website was also designed to inform people where a person may go to cool off.
Click on the link to visit the website Where to go to Cool Off in Windsor and Essex County when these extreme heat days occur
* You can also go here for recreation swim times and lessons.
* A place people can go to cool off during times of extremely high temperatures
|Hours||Admin Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, CEO, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Alternate Executive||Dr Wajid Ahmed, Medical Officer of Health, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Regional / Municipal - County of Essex ; Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|