Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Tobacco Legislation Enforcement and Smoking Cessation Programs
|Record #: WIN2466||Last Modified: 06 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 30 Oct 2017|
|Office Phone||Tobacco Program inquires:
519-258-2146 ext. 3100 or email email@example.com
Tobacco Related Complaints, Tobacco Enforcement Officers:
* Nicole Trajkovski ext 3217
* Waleed Altamimi ext 3233
|Toll Free Phone||WECHU: 1-800-265-5822 ext 3100
Smokers Helpline: 1-877-513-5333
|Primary Contact||Eric Nadalin, Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Windsor-Essex County Health Unit:
For all tobacco related inquires such as:
* Smoke-Free Ontario Act education materials or signage
* Quit smoking programs and information
* Online quit program with quit tools, self-directed quit programming and a supportive community smokershelpline.ca, Click Here for Details
* Phone helpline for free support from a Quit Coach (Interpreter service available in over 100 languages)
* Text messaging for interactive support and scheduled messages to help cope with cravings
New Regulation for Smokers across Ontario - Smoke-Free Ontario Act
* As of Jan 1, 2015, smokers across Ontario are no longer allowed to light up on bar, restaurant patios, playgrounds, and sports fields.
* The new regulation also prohibits the selling of tobacco products on university and college campuses across the province.
* The Ontario government made changes to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act to "protect children and youth from the harmful effects of smoking."
* Starting Jan 1, 2015, smoking is no longer permitted on hospital grounds except in designated areas. Effective Jan 1, 2018, smoking will no longer be permitted anywhere on hospital grounds.
* As of Jan 1, 2016, it is illegal to: sell or supply electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and component parts (e.g. battery, atomizer) to anyone under 19 years of age
New Regulations for Smokers in Windsor-Essex County - Municipal By-Laws
As of November, 2016, City of Windsor By-Law #113-2006 includes no smoking on City of Windsor owned properties including;
* parks, conservation areas, marinas, community and recreation facilities, as well as any associated parking lot walkway, and 9 m from any municipal building entrance/exit.
The following products are prohibited in these spaces:
* lighted or heated equipment used to smoke or vaporize any tobacco or non-tobacco product.
* Municipalities of Amherstburg, LaSalle, Tecumseh, Essex, Lakeshore, and Leamington have similar by-laws.
*Visit https://www.wechu.org/tobacco/smoke-free-spaces for more information
|Hours||Windsor-Essex County Health Unit: Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Smokers' Helpline:Mon-Thu, 8 am– 9 pm * Fri, 8 am–6 pm * Sat & Sun, 9 am–5 pm
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Boundaries||Smokers' Helpline available across the province|
|Eligibility||* Individuals needing information on how to quit smoking
* Individuals with Smoking By-law Complaints
|Application||* Application process required for some programs
* Call or walk-in for more information
|Languages||English ; Arabic ; Interpretive Services - Smokers' Helpline: Multi-lingual|
|Primary Executive||Theresa Marentette, Acting CEO|
|Alternate Executive||Dr Wajid Ahmed, Acting Medical Officer of Health|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Regional / Municipal - County of Essex ; Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|