Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Language and Skills Development
|Record #: WIN2517||Last Modified: 10 Sep 2019||Last Full Update: 20 Aug 2019|
|Primary Contact||Juan Wang, Program Coordinator; Phone: ext 307; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* The program is to deliver language training and skills development services that will help clients attain the English proficiency needed to function and participate in all aspects of Canadian society and the economy.
* The free language training program is for eligible adult learners to improve their language skills and assist them in settlement process and integration into Canadian Society.
* The language classes are from literacy to CLB 5/6.
* Transportation Assistance is provided to eligible participants through APP bus pass.
* Permanent resident of Canada, Convention Refugee, or legally allowed to remain in Canada
* Childcare Assistance is provided to children of 6 months to 4 years of eligible client. Immunization Record is needed
* Class will be held from Monday to Friday, class time will be:
Morning Classes 9:00am to 12:00pm
Afternoon Classes 12:30am to 2:30pm
Labour Market Access/Enhanced Language Training (ELT)
* Program provides workplace language training to internationally trained and/or newcomers and immigrants with related experience. Through the program individuals, attend classes focused on providing students with training and work-related terminology to assist them in finding employment that matches their skills and qualifications.
* The ELT program combines 12-weeks of in-class training and a 4-week volunteer placement.
* This program is open to permanent residents and convention refugees.
* Transportation assistance and on-site Childcare for Newcomer services are available for eligible clients.
* CLB level 5 or higher
* Class will be held from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 2:30pm
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-12 noon * 12:30 pm-2:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* Foreign-trained professionals
* Permanent Residents
* Persons in Canada applying to become permanent residents and who have been informed, through a letter from Immigration
* Refugees and Citizenship Canada, of the initial approval of the application subject to an admissibility assessment
* Convention Refugees, and Temporary Residents who have entered Canada as a Live -in caregiver
|Languages||English ; Other languages available upon request|
|Fees||Program - fees apply ; None|
|Primary Executive||Rose Anguiano Hurst, Executive Director; Phone: ext 222|
|Funding||Federal - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada ; Fees - for service apply|
|Site Location||Agency is located near college boreal|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Herb Gray Centre for Nonprofit Excellence
647 Ouellette Ave, Suite 201
Windsor, ON N9A 4J4
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Wyandotte St W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking (off Pelissier), Automatic entrance (off Pelissier) and Washroom|