Ten Thousand Villages
Site: Windsor - Chilver Rd
Service: Ten Thousand Villages Store
|Record #: WIN2947||Last Modified: 23 Oct 2017||Last Full Update: 30 May 2017|
|Fax||519-255-9519 (call first)|
|Primary Contact||Gail Rock, Office Manager|
|Alternate Contact||Helen Rattray|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Helen Rattray|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Non-profit Fair Trade store retailing products made by artisans in the developing world.
* Fair Trade provides the artisans with needed income and employment where little or none would be available.
* The Windsor Ten Thousand Villages store is operated by a registered charity
* Global Resource Centre, who's offices and library are located at the same address.
The Library at the Global Resource Centre:
* The resource library houses books on social justice, fair trade, globalization, labour and development.
* Also a community room and computer internet service for general use.
Click Here for Details
|Hours||Mon-Fri 10 am-6 pm * Sat, 10 am-5 pm * Sun, 11 am-4 pm|
|Application||Walk-in no appointment required|
|Fees||Membership - $25 per yr for the Global Resource Centre ; None|
|Funding||Sale of Goods|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
624 Chilver Rd, Suite 102
Windsor, ON N8Y 2K2
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Chilver Rd / Wyandotte St E|
|Bus Routes||Crosstown 2 ; Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|