Riverfront Theatre Company
Site: Windsor - Silverdale Dr
|Record #: WIN3560||Last Modified: 27 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 27 Sep 2018|
|Primary Contact||Kristina Garswood, Executive Director, Riverfront Theatre Company; Phone: 519-817-8780; Email: RiverfrontTheatreCompany@gmail.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Not-for-profit youth theatre company operating between Sep-May.
* 4 performances a year (Juniors) in December * Senior youth in November/February
* full company (usually a musical) in May.
* Now in the 15th Season.
Riverfront Theatre Company is a youth-theatre company that runs throughout the school year, rehearsing on Saturdays.
* Involved are students between the ages of 6-18 yrs and Juniors, 6-10 yrs
* Juniors rehearse for two hours each Saturday
* perform a play to a small audience in December or January, and then take a break till after March break, as a rule, before rejoining to participate in the full-company spring musical.
* Seniors (11-18 yrs) rehearse from 10 am-4 pm every Saturday. They perform a play of their own in November and February, and then the full-company musical in May.
* entirely staffed by volunteers.
Students are asked to pay for their scripts, and there is an optional t-shirt fee. (No other fees are charged, however, the participants are asked to engage in fundraising efforts).
* solely rely on community partnership and tickets sales to run the programme.
* Riverfront does NOT audition for children to participate in the programme.
* returning students are given first opportunity to register, and then draw (usually from a waiting list)
* new members on a first-come, first-served basis.
The goal is to barrier-free, so that anyone who wants to participate in theatre - OR attend the shows, are able to do so.
* Once the student is registered and committed to participation, Roles are cast for each show within the company.
* a charitable organization, operating as a branch of YCA Inc
|Hours||Daily * leave message|
|Dates||* Rehearsing virtually every Sat during the school year between (Sep-Jun)
* November 23, 24, 25, 2018 - Under Pressure - three one-act plays about bullying, peer pressure and social anxiety (Olde Walkerville Theatre)
* Dec 8/9, 2018 - A Christmas Peter Pan (Juniors) - Paulin Memorial Church
* Feb 22, 23, 24, 2019 - Where There's a Will: A Riverfront Mini-Shakespeare Festival (Olde Walkerville Theatre)
* May 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 2019 - Mary Poppins: The Disney Musical (Olde Walkerville Theatre)
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 18 year(s)
Children and Youth
* Junior youth: Age, 6 -10 Yrs
* Senior youth: Age, 11-18 Yrs
|Application||Contact for details|
|Primary Executive||Kristina Garswood, Executive Director, Riverfront Theatre Company; Phone: (Business) 519-817-8780; Email: RiverfrontTheatreCompany@gmail.com|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations - Sponsorship ; Sale of Goods|
|Site Location||participants will be told of location once they register... Facility is rented and fully accessible|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
|Intersection||Concession Rd 6 and Talbot Rd N|
|Mailing Address||c/o Kristina Garswood
1040 Silverdale Dr
Windsor, ON N9G 2R9
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|